About trick/obedience dog training classes
This training course uses clicker (positive reinforcement) to train your dog to do a variety of tricks and obedience work.
Dogs of all ages are welcome, as long as they have all 3 vaccinations.
The beginner class is a 8 week course of 1 hour a week which will teach you how to train your dog using a clicker and will build trust and confidence between you and your dog.
This course is perfect for anyone who would like to teach their dogs a bit more than the basic sit, to teach your dog some of those tricks you've seen on the internet, and it is also good for dog sports dog owners who would like to improve the responsiveness of their dog.
Classes are run Saturday mornings at Woodbridge Primary School.
What you will learn in the beginner course
- Basic clicker concepts: accurate timing, cues, rewards, and so on.
- 3-2-1 exercise: amping your dog up for working.
- 18 tricks including: spin, say your prayers, and targeting.
- Loose lead walking: teach your dog to walk without pulling on the lead.
- Regression and upping the ante: going back a step or forward a step to help your dog to succeed.
- Adduction and stringing: building compound tricks from basic ones.
- Basic agility: a mini agility kit will be used and includes tunnels, balance boards, and so on. This not only improves your dogs confidence but also improves your dog's bodily awareness.
Once your course is complete you will have the skills needed to complete the Novice Trick Dog Test where your dog can earn his first performance title in this dog sport.
After the beginner course, intermediate, and advanced will also be offered.
If for whatever reason you would like to have trick/obedience classes in the privacy of your home, feel free to contact me for details of my private lessons.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in a class soon!
Click here to book a class now!
P.S. My first Do More With Your Dog All Star Team will be starting soon. Contact for more info!
If you are interested in training your dog to do a variety of tricks and gaining a dog trick title, contact me to join a session (firstname.lastname@example.org).